Coconut Milk Pulao | Step by step procedure with pictures
Coconut Milk pulao is an easy and delicious rice recipe takes no time to cook. Try to use fresh homemade coconut milk to get exact flavor for this recipe. I like to add coconut milk in most of my curry , biryani and pulao recipes. Since it gives amazing aroma and taste to the recipe.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Lunch , Main Course YIELD : 2 Servings
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Cloves – 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Green Cardamom – 3
- Onion – 1
- Green chilli – 2 or 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1.5 Tbsp
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Salt – as needed
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Wash and soak basmati rice in water for 30 min.
- Prepare coconut milk. (you can also use store bought coconut milk)
- Slice onion and slit green chilli.
- Heat a pressure cooker on medium flame. Add ghee.
- Add in the whole spices and saute for few seconds.
- Add sliced onions and green chilli.
- Saute until translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and cook until there is no raw smell.
- Drain the water and add soaked rice. Gently saute it for a min.
- Add in the coconut milk and required salt.
- Combine gently and cover with the pressure cooker lid.
- Cook for 2 whistles. Let it sit for few minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and gently combine it before serving.
- You can use oil instead of ghee.
- You can use regular cooking rice.
- Use half tomato if you like.
- You can use half coconut milk and half water if needed.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :