Paneer Butter Masala | Restaurant style paneer butter masala | Step by step procedure with pictures
Paneer is also known as cottage cheese. Paneer butter masala is one of the most popular gravy with chapati / Naan / any roti. You can’t find a vegetarian buffet without paneer recipe. Kids would love this recipe.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with any Indian breads. Chapati , Naan , Roti
- Serve with jeera pulao , Coconut milk pulao or any other pulao
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : Indian
COURSE : Main Course YIELD : 2 Servings
- Paneer – 200 g (app. 12 cubes)
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Red chilli powder – 3/4 Tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1 Tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 Tsp
- Salt – as required
- Sugar – 1 Tbsp
- Water – if needed
- Kasturi methi – a pinch (dried fenugreek leaves_
- Cream – 2 Tbsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing (optional)
For Grinding :
- Butter – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic -2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green chilli – 2
- Tomato – 3
- Cashewnuts – 5 or 6 (opt)
- Cube the tomatoes and paneer.
- Peel off the skin from garlic and ginger.
For Grinding :
- Melt butter. Add garlic , ginger and green chilli.
- Saute for a min and add tomatoes. Add cashews (if using it)
- Cook until soft and remove from heat.
- Let it cool down. Grind it into a smooth paste.
For gravy :
- Melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add red chilli powder , coriander powder and bay leaf.
- Saute for few seconds without burning the masala.
- Add tomato paste, garam masala , salt and sugar. Combine everything.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over medium heat for 7-8 min.
- Add paneer cubes and combine gently. Let it cook for few min (3-5 min according to the size of the paneer)
- Add kasturi methi and stir the gravy.
- Add in the cream and coriander leaves.
- Give a good mix and turn off the heat.
- You can add some onions if you wish.
- You can skip using cream. Adding cream will make the gravy rich and creamy.
- If you are not using cream, add few cashew nuts while grinding the tomato paste.
- Do not cook or stir the gravy for long time after adding paneer. It will break the paneer cubes.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :