Chocolate Mousse without eggs | Video Recipe | Step by step procedure with pictures
Mousse is a yummy and delightful dessert. It is velvety soft with an airy texture which makes you drooling. Mousse might have different consistency, texture and taste according to the ingredients used and also the ratio of the ingredients used. You can prepare mousse using whole eggs or egg whites or no eggs. Some might add little water to make it, even lighter. Each one have unique taste and consistency.
Other things that affects the consistency of mousse is the quality of chocolate(% of cocoa) and cream. Chocolates with higher percentage of cocoa gives you slightly dense mousse. Today I prefer to make chocolate mousse without using eggs.
AUTHOR : Dimple COURSE : Dessert YIELD : 2- 4 Servings
- Chocolate – 4 0z
- Heavy whipping cream – 1 cup
- Butter – 1/2 Tbsp
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp(if using bitter sweet chocolate)
For Topping :
- Sweetened whipped cream and mini choco chips
- Boil water in a pan. Place a bowl over the pan (the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water).
- Add chocolate and butter. Stir until it becomes smooth.
- Remove the bowl from heat and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat the chilled cream using a hand mixer until soft peaks. If you are adding sugar add it along with cream.
- Take the chocolate bowl and add half of the whipped cream. Fold in completely.
- Add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold it until thoroughly combined.
- Divide into serving cups. Refrigerate it to set as required.
- Take it out of the refrigerator 15 min before serving. Add whipped cream and some choco chips on the top.
- Use 40% or lesser cocoa chocolate for lighter consistency.
- Adding instant espresso(coffee) powder to the recipe helps to enhance the chocolate flavor. Add it along with chocolate.
- You can also add a Tsp of coffee extract.
- Vanilla extract can also be added for extra flavor.
- You can refrigerate the mousse up to 3 days.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :