Ginger Chutney | Allam Pachadi | Video Recipe | Step by step procedure with pictures
Allam pachadi (Ginger / Inji chutney) is a common recipe in Andhra Cuisine. Ginger has plenty of medical properties and it adds incredible health benefits to our body, mainly to the digestive system. Ginger has a pungent flavor. But, when used with right ingredients, it actually increases the taste of the dish.
In this chutney, the pungent punch of the ginger is balanced with the tangy flavor of tamarind and sweetness from the jaggery. Try using these ingredients in different ratio according to your taste.
Ginger is used all over the world in their cuisine. In Indian cuisine, we add ginger in stir-fry , gravy , biryani , pulao and various dishes, especially Tea. I like to add ginger in my tea and almost all of my friends are fond of it. Also My Ginger Tea post is one the biggest hit in my blog. You can also use ginger in smoothies , soups , cookies.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with Pesarattu (Green Moong dal Dosa)
- Serve with Idly , Dosa , Vada or tiffin varieties
AUTHOR : Dimple CUISINE : South Indian
COURSE : Side Course YIELD : 2-3 Servings
- Ginger – 1/4 cup
- Red chilli – 3 or 4
- Tamarind – half gooseberry size
- Jaggery – 2 Tbsp
- Water – as needed
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Urad dal – 1 Tbsp
- Channa dal – 1 Tbsp
For tempering :
- Sesame oil – 1 Tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 Tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Remove the skin and chop the ginger.
- Soak red chili and tamarind in hot water for 15 min.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add channa dal and urad dal.
- Saute until golden brown. Add ginger pieces.
- Cook for 2 min. Allow it to cool down and then transfer it to a blender.
- Add soaked tamarind and red chili along with water.
- Add jaggery and salt. Grind it.
- For tempering, heat oil in the same pan. Add mustard seeds. When it starts to splutter, add curry leaves and pour this to the chutney.
- Adjust red chili according to your taste.
- You can adjust the consistency.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :