Beetroot Soup | Healthy and Tasty | Video Recipe | Step by step procedure with pictures
Soups can be served as a starter or as a small meal during any time of the day. At my home, we love to enjoy the warm soup during chilly day. It makes you comfort and also filling. This beet soup is not only visually appetizing, it tastes amazingly delicious and the best part is, this has full of goodies. The creamy and rich soup can be served with a crusty baguettes or croutons.
Beetroot has a sweet taste and to balance the sweetness we are going a add a dollop of Yogurt or Sour cream on the top. Tangy taste from the yogurt helps to make the soup as a savory delight. If you are serving this soup to children, who like sweet taste, you can skip adding yogurt. Personalize the recipe according to whom you are serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION :
- Serve with crusty baguettes / croutons.
- Serve as a starter or small meal.
AUTHOR : Dimple COURSE : Soup YIELD : 2 Servings
- Beetroot – 2
- Carrot – 1
- Potato – 1
- Onion – 1
- Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
- garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Salt – as needed
- Pepper – as needed
- Water / Vege broth – as needed
- Yogurt / Sour cream – 2 dollops
- Cube the vegetables.
- Finely chop garlic and onion.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for few min.
- Add cubed beets , carrots and potato.
- Cover and cook for about 5 min or until the vegetables become tender.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Then, simmer it for about 20 min.
- Blend it in batches, using a hand blender / mixie / blender.
- Pour the puree over the same pan and heat over low heat. (if needed)
- Add salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.
- Add a dollop of yogurt on the top just before serving.
- You can use roasted vegetables.
- Adjust the ratio of vegetables according to your taste.
- You can also add some lemon juice before serving to reduce sweetness.
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. Share your comments down below in the comment section.
For Video recipe subscribe to my Youtube channel. If you found this post worthy, kindly share this with your friends and like my Facebook page for updates Facebook Follow me on Pinterest , Twitter and Instagram
Step by Step Procedure with pictures :